Waste King A1SPC Knight Garbage Disposal Review
If you are looking for a top of the line garbage disposer for your home and won’t settle for less than the best, then the Waste King A1SPC Knight 1.0 Horsepower Garbage Disposal (see today's price) may be exactly what you are looking for. Praised for its ability to grind through almost any type of food waste with ease and its ultra-quiet operation, the A1SPC is considered one of Waste King’s premium models. Of course, all of that power and additional capabilities comes with a higher price tag, but homeowners who are willing to pay the extra amount will not be disappointed.
The Waste King A1SPC features a powerful 1 HP motor, and it is outfitted with Waste King’s patented Snap and Lock Mounts, which make it incredibly simple to interchange this model with most other units – even those produced by other manufacturers. The materials used to insulate and soundproof this garbage disposer are of the same type as those used to soundproof music studios, so you can rest assured that its noise output is minimal.
This particular model is a continuous feed garbage disposal, so it can grind as you peel. This makes things much neater and tidier when you are cooking in your kitchen, or when it is time to clean out the leftovers lurking in the back of your fridge. Its design also includes the addition of stainless steel swivel impellers, which significantly reduce your chances of developing a clog or jam.
- Silencer Technology – As mentioned, the materials used to soundproof this garbage disposal are the same ones employed by the world’s best music studios, resulting in a virtually noiseless experience.
- Powerful Motor – The 1 HP motor is capable of reaching up to 2,700 rpm, which allows the unit to easily pulverize almost all types of food waste.
- One Pass Grinding Technology – This patented technology from Waste King eliminates the need for multiple grinding chambers. Only a single pass through the stainless steel impellers is needed to liquefy waste.
- Easy Installation – The universal mount makes for uber simple installation.
- Warranty – The Waste King A1SPC is accompanied by a lifetime warranty from the manufacturer.
My Story and Experiences
Let’s get the most obvious fact out of the way first: the Waste King A1SPC Knight 1.0 Horsepower Garbage Disposal is not cheap. However, after having gone through two garbage disposals in the last five years, I would have been better off to spend the money for the quality I know Waste King provides.
If there’s one thing I would caution you about, it is that you should make sure that there is enough room underneath your kitchen sink to hold the A1SPC before buying it. It weighs in at just over eighteen pounds, and its measurements are 8.8 x 8.8 x 15 inches. It’s by no means a small garbage disposal, and it is bigger in person than it looks on a computer screen.
Installation was fairly simple. It took me a little under an hour to do it by myself. The Snap and Lock mounting system does make it much easier to replace your old disposer. I was able to use the sink flange and mounting bracket from my old disposer, which shortened the installation process considerably. Before starting the job, I would recommend reading the installation manual thoroughly.
Now that I’ve had the Waste King A1SPC Knight 1.0 Horsepower Garbage Disposal installed in my kitchen for a couple of months, here are the things I like most about it:
- I can add waste to the unit while the garbage disposal is running. The stainless steel swivel impellers do their job, and I have yet to experience a clog or jam.
- A power cord was included in the box. With my old InSinkErator Badger, I had to purchase one separately. Because it measures 36” long, it can easily reach any under sink outlet.
- The lifetime warranty is comprehensive. Not only does it cover any corrosion, material defects, and mechanical defects, but it also covers the cost of home repairs if they are needed.
- It’s energy efficient, and the glass filled nylon chamber ensures that it will never corrode.
- It works. Simply put, it does exactly what the advertisements say. Because of Waste King’s one pass technology, there isn’t any need to have multiple grinding chambers. This reduces the chances that it will develop a jam or clog.
- It’s quiet! I can run the disposer while my toddler is napping in the other room, and I don’t have to worry that it’ll wake her up. (Added bonus: the wife doesn’t yell at me to “turn that thing off!” anymore.)
My only complaint about the Waste King A1SPC is a minor one. The black food guard is made out of durable rubber, and it’s butt ugly. Unfortunately, it can’t be removed. In my opinion, the food guard slows down the flow of water into the disposer, and it’s proven to be difficult to clean. However, if this is the worst thing about the A1SPC, I’ll consider myself lucky.
- HIGH-SPEED MOTOR: The 1 HP, 2800 RPM (115v) permanent magnet motor is sound-insulated and jams less
- STANDARD 3-BOLT MOUNT: The all-metal mounting system is compatible with most existing 3-bolt mounts including...
- LIFETIME PROTECTION: Lifetime Limited In-Home Warranty
It’s interesting to note that the Waste King A1SPC Knight 1.0 Horsepower Garbage Disposal was created as the result of an exclusive partnership between Amazon.com and Waste King. You won’t find this unit for sale anywhere else other than their website. Nothing in life is 100% perfect, but this garbage disposal comes pretty close. It works quietly, grinds difficult to get rid of waste, and is covered by a lifetime warranty. If this is what you are looking for in a garbage disposer, then rest assured that the Waste King A1SPC will deliver.
Last update on 2021-01-18 at 08:09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API