InSinkErator Evolution Excel 1.0 HP Garbage Disposer Review
Over the last 75 years, InSinkErator has become one of the most well-known names in household appliances and for good reason. For example, unlike other garbage disposer systems on the current market, their disposers are compatible with septic systems. Similarly, each component of an InSinkErator garbage disposal is crafted from premium stainless steel in order to ensure their durability and longevity. It is this attention to the small details that has set the InSinkErator brand apart from their competitors.
The InSinkErator Evolution Excel 1.0 HP Household Garbage Disposer (see today's price) is a prime example of what InSinkErator has to offer. From its powerful noise reduction technology to its top of the line induction motor, the Evolution Excel is guaranteed to deliver superior performance each time you use it. The Excel is also backed by one of the industry’s best warranties – a 7 year, In Home warranty. This includes free parts and labor and free house calls for the duration of the warranty.
The Evolution Excel represents the highest standard in garbage disposal performance. From stubborn rib bones to hard vegetables, this InSinkErator model can handle it all.
- SoundSeal Technology – InSinkErator’s patented SoundSeal technology is what enables the Evolution Excel to operate virtually noise free. This garbage disposal can be used anytime, day or not, without disturbing anyone else in the house.
- MultiGrind Technology – With its powerful 1 HP induction motor, the Excel can handle almost anything you can stuff down it's chute. InSinkErator’s three stage grinding technology can quickly make mincemeat of banana peels, bones, hard vegetables, and so forth. Because your food is pulverized into a near liquid stage, it reduces the chances that your drains will develop clogs or accumulate debris.
- DuraDrive Technology – Many garbage disposal manufacturers have openly sought to duplicate InSinkErator’s DuraDrive technology, but it has never been replicated. The power of the unit’s induction motor can be felt when it is switched on and in the way it performs.
- Quick Lock Technology – The unique locking mechanism of Excel makes it simple to install almost anywhere. If you are replacing an old InSinkErator model, all you have to do is unscrew it and screw the new model in; however, the technology works seamlessly with most other brands of garbage disposals.
- SoundSeal Technology which delivers ultra-quiet performance versus a standard disposer
- MultiGrind Technology , with three grind stages to quickly grind virtually any food waste
- 40 oz. Stainless steel grind chamber and grind components for longevity
- 1 Horsepower Dura-Drive Induction Motor; power cord not included
My Story and Experience
If you search for “garbage disposal” on the Internet, you’re going to come up with a few million results. I was starting to wonder how I was ever supposed to choose just one. My husband and I had a few disagreements over which model to choose, but we both agreed that we needed something durable and powerful. With four kids and two dogs, our new food disposer would be getting a daily workout. The InSinkErator Evolution Excel 1.0 HP Household Garbage Disposer fared well in both professional and consumer written reviews, and we were both impressed with its induction motor and MultiGrind and DuraDrive technologies. It was especially important to have a garbage disposal that was quiet. At least one of the kids is almost always studying at the kitchen table, and with my husband’s office right next to the kitchen, a noisy unit would disturb him too.
Probably our favorite thing about the InSinkErator Evolution Excel 1.0 HP Household Garbage Disposer was the comprehensive warranty it came with. Should anything go wrong with the disposer, InSinkErator would send specifically trained technicians to our home to fix or replace it – and we wouldn’t have to pay a penny. It sounded good to us! So we went ahead and ordered it.
When it arrived, we opened it up. Now I know you don’t normally describe kitchen appliances as “handsome”, but this was one sleek looking unit! It was heavier than I expected – weighing around 26 pounds total, but it was still super simple to install. The instructions were easy to read and straightforward. It took my husband less than 30 minutes to install it himself.
We’ve had the Evolution Excel for about two weeks now, and I’m happy to report that we couldn’t be happier with it! Just a few of the foods that we’ve run through the Excel include apple cores, celery, corncobs, chicken bones, coffee grounds, and potato peels. The Excel has handled it all with ease. Of course, you can’t grind large of amounts of food in it at once, but that is standard practice with any garbage disposal. One of my favorite features of this garbage disposal is the fact that it has a jam sensor circuit that automatically detects jams and cranks up the motor’s power to break through them.
The hundreds of reviews my husband and I read got it all exactly right. The InSinkErator Evolution Excel 1.0 HP Household Garbage Disposer is worth every penny, and it is something I highly recommend worth buying. You aren’t just buying a garbage disposal – you’re making an investment in your home and the comfort of your family.
Each of the technologies it has works exactly how they are supposed to, which makes the Excel efficient, durable, and QUIET. We have absolute confidence that we’re going to get many years of use out of the Evolution Excel, but on the off chance that something does go wrong, we know we have InSinkErator’s warranty to back us up.