InSinkErator Evolution Compact Garbage Disposer Review
For nearly a century, the InSinkErator brand has painstakingly built a reputation for designing and manufacturing the world’s best garbage disposal systems. InSinkErator’s Evolution Series of garbage disposers represents the industry’s highest standard of performance. When it comes to whisper quiet operation and pulverization of foodstuff, the Evolution Series cannot be beat. InSinkErator manufactures all of their waste disposers in the United States, so that they can ensure that they are built to the highest quality standards, and a prime example of the best they have is the InSinkErator Evolution Compact ¾ HP Household Garbage Disposer.
If you’re looking for a garbage disposal with all of the bells and whistles (at an affordable price), then the Evolution Compact (see today's price) is exactly what you are looking for! Even though it is one of the most powerful disposers on the market, it is also one of the quietest. Even when you’re running the Evolution Compact, you can still have a conversation with someone else without having to scream at one another. Its DuraDrive technology, equipped induction motor is powerful and more than capable of handling any task you throw at it, and the stainless steel used in its construction is not only attractive, but long lasting and resistant to corrosion and cracking.
- SoundSeal Technology – This garbage disposal is equipped with anti-vibration features and advanced sound insulation. When compared to a standard garbage disposal, it is significantly quieter.
- MultiGrind Technology – The Evolution Compact is ready and willing to tackle food waste that you wouldn’t put in a standard disposer. The unit has two separate grinding chambers to ensure that food waste is ground down to a fine pulp.
- Large Capacity Grinding Chamber – The grinding chamber of the Compact measures a hefty 34.6 oz, which means that it is capable of handling large batches of food with ease. Because all of its grinding components are made from premium stainless steel, you can guarantee that it is going to last you many years to come.
- DuraDrive Technology – The Compact’s induction motor is one of the most powerful motors available for non-commercial garbage disposers. When equipped with InSinkErator’s patented DuraDrive technology, as it is here, it becomes a force to be reckoned with.
- SoundSeal Technology, featuring advanced sound insulation and anti-vibration components, reduces...
- MultiGrind Technology with two grind stages to quickly grind difficult food waste you wouldn't put...
- 34.6 oz. Grind chamber and stainless steel grind components for longevity
- 3/4 Horsepower Dura-Drive Induction Motor; power cord not included
My Story and Experiences
My search for a new garbage disposal started with my wife and I aimlessly wandering the aisles at our local home improvement store. My wife was just interested in finding the cheapest garbage disposal we could, and I just wanted to get the experience over with. At the same time, we both agreed that we needed something durable and powerful. On the recommendation of an employee, we decided to choose the InSinkErator Evolution Compact. It certainly wasn’t the cheapest model on the shelves, but the employee swore by the brand so enthusiastically that we decided to give it a shot.
One thing in particular that I liked about it right off of the bat was the fact that it came with a 4 year, In Home warranty. Basically, if something were to go wrong with the garbage disposal, then InSinkErator would send brand trained technicians to our home to repair or replace it – for free. Can’t argue with that!
Once it got here, I opened the box and pulled out the sleek, dark grey disposer. My old InSinkErator Badger had been out of commission for two weeks now, and this was to be its replacement. It was much larger than my old Badger – weighing in at just over 19 pounds and standing 12 inches tall. I was anticipating a fight installing the new thing, but the installation instructions made it a pretty straightforward process. I just removed the old Badger from its locking mechanism and screwed the new one it. It fit so snugly and firmly that I knew we weren’t going to have a problem with vibration and extra noise.
All in all, it took me just under an hour to install the new Evolution Compact. My wife flipped the breaker back on, and we decided to give her a whirl.
After turning on the cold water, I dug out some old Ramen noodles that had been marinating in the fridge for a while. I dumped the noodles down the drain and flipped the switch on. The Compact was operating so quietly that, for a moment, I thought it was it wasn’t working. We gave the Evolution Compact another run after dinner. After cooking for a family of five, there was plenty for it to do, including rib bones. The Compact handled it like a champ. Clearly, this is one appliance we’re going to be enjoying for many years to come.
The employee at the local store was right. This garbage disposal was worth every penny we paid for it. Later on, I got online and researched the InSinkErator Evolution Compact a little more. I wasn’t surprised to learn that it had hundreds of positive reviews, and I subsequently added my own. If you are looking for a new garbage disposal for your home, I would highly recommend checking out what the Compact has to offer.