Waste King Legend Series L-3200 Garbage Disposer Review
The Waste King brand has been making high quality garbage disposal units for a number of years, and their name is trusted by many consumers and professional plumbers alike. The newly redesigned Waste King Legend Series L-3200 ¾ HP Continuous Feed Operation Garbage Disposer (see today's price) is an excellent addition to their current lineup. It is a member of the Waste King Legend line of garbage disposals, and it is one of the biggest models that they offer.
The L-3200 has a ¾ HP motor that can reach up to 2,700 rpm. What this means is that you have a model that is capable of grinding almost all types of organic food waste, and it should adequately serve a household of 4-6 persons.
Like most of Waste King’s models, the L-3200 is a continuous feed garbage disposal, so you can continue to shovel in all of those vegetable peelings and leftovers. What is unique about this unit is that it has swivel impellers made from stainless steel that limit the number of times this model will jam or clog. Included with the unit is a removable splash guard, so what you are left with is a garbage disposal that is simple to use and won’t make a mess.
Another highlight of the Waste King L-3200 is that each one of its stainless steel components are insulated, which makes it one of the quietest models on the market today. Moreover, the interior chamber is made from glass filled nylon, which equals zero corrosion. Should corrosion develop, you get a free replacement – simple as that.
- ¾ HP Motor
- Warranty – This model has an amazing 8 year, in home warranty that guards against mechanical or material defects, as well as corrosion. Should either type of problem develop, Waste King will send specially trained technicians to your home to replace it – 100% free of charge.
- Stainless Steel Grinding Components
- Power Cord – A power cord is included with your purchase of the Waste King L-3200, making it one less accessory that must be bought separately.
- EZ Sink Mount System – Waste King’s patented mounting system makes it simple to install this unit yourself, which saves money by eliminating the need to call a professional plumber.
- Septic Tank Safe – This unit can be safely used in homes with septic tanks, so long as the septic tank is properly sized.
- HIGH-SPEED MOTOR: The 3/4 HP, 2700 RPM permanent magnet motor is sound-insulated and jams less
- EASY INSTALLATION AND CLEANING: EZ Mount for a quick and easy kitchen sink installation, removable...
- 8 YEAR PROTECTION: 8-year Limited In-Home Warranty NO ELECTRICAL EXPERTISE NEEDED: Pre-installed...
- DURABILITY: Compact and lightweight garbage disposer with all stainless steel grind components
My Story and Experiences
First and foremost, let me say that I really appreciate the fact that all of Waste Kings’ models come with an included power cord. Without a power cord, you must hardwire your disposer, which if done improperly can create a whole host of electrical problems. A power cord simply decreases the chances of developing electrical problems. By comparison, InSinkErator models do not include power cords. That’s an extra $12 to $15 you must spend on top of the unit’s purchase price.
Installation was surprisingly simple. Waste King’s EZ Mount System is easy to install (hence the name), and it’s made d of sturdy aluminum. The installation process does have detailed steps you need to follow, but the instructions are simple to read and understand. Overall, it took just a little under an hour for me to install this myself, and I don’t have any prior experience as a plumber. I didn’t even have to use plumber’s putty.
One thing that particularly impressed me with this specific model is its performance. It’s quiet! All of the Waste King Legend Series L-3200 ¾ HP Continuous Feed Operation Garbage Disposer’s moving parts are insulated, so even with its ¾ HP motor, it produces a minimum amount of noise. The L-3200’s EZ Mount System features multiple rubber dampers, which reduce noise and vibration even further. The InSinkErator’s Badger series, which is what I had in my home before, has little to no insulation in it. I had no idea a garbage disposal could be this quiet.
In terms of grinding power, this Waste King model is a champ. It’s great to have the freedom to grind so many different types of food. With my old Badger, I wasn’t even able to grind harder vegetables, like carrots, so they ended up going in the garbage can. For someone who tries to be eco-friendly, this is a very frustrating thing to do. Cleaning up after dinner is simpler than ever, and speaking of cleaning, the removable splash guard is a great feature to have. To clean it, all I do is pop it off, give it a good scrub, and replace it.
So far, all of the reviews for the Waste King Legend Series L-3200 ¾ HP Continuous Feed Operation Garbage Disposer that I have read have sung its praises, so let me add my voice to the chorus. Most people I have talked to have had their Waste King L-3200’s for more than 5+ years. A few had even had theirs as long as 12 years, so I’m looking forward to getting many years of use out of this one.
Overall, the Waste King Legend Series L-3200 is an excellent product. Although it has a powerful motor, it is not too large and won’t take up too much room under your kitchen sink. The amount of insulation is more than enough to adequately reduce noise and vibration. Most importantly, if you experience any material or mechanical defect in the unit, you have Waste King’s 8 year, in home warranty to back you up. Waste King has long been known for the quality of their warranties, and this one is no exception. I would recommend this to a friend or neighbor.