Waste King L-8000 Legend Series Garbage Disposal Review
Waste King is one of the oldest and most trusted names in the home appliances industry, and it is not difficult to understand why. All Waste King Garbage Disposal products are made in the United States, which enables them to keep a tight grip on quality control. The Waste King L-8000 Legend Series 1.0 Horsepower Continuous Feed Garbage Disposal (see today's price) is an example of that.
Although the Waste King L-8000 has many qualities to brag about, just a few of its best include its powerful 1 HP motor, stainless steel components, and comprehensive lifetime warranty. The motor has a top speed of 2,800 rpm to ensure that it pulverizes all of your waste. All of the components of the L-8000 are constructed from premium stainless steel and have a lifetime warranty against corrosion. The stainless steel frame of the Waste King gives it an attractive and streamlined appearance, and the Waste King’s lifetime warranty is second to known in the industry. On the slim chance that something should go wrong with your Waste King L-8000, it will be replaced – for free.
Best Features of the Waste King L-8000:
- Powerful Motor – The L-8000’s packs a powerful 1 HP vortex permanent magnet motor that can reach a top speed of 2,800 rotations per minute. This garbage disposal offers more power per pound than any other similar disposal on the market today, and its motor can grind almost any food waste you can throw at it.
- Insulated Stainless Steel Grinding – The grinding chamber of the Waste King L-8000 is crafted from glass- filled nylon. The glass-filled nylon makes it 100% resistant to corrosion. All of the garbage disposal’s grinding components are crafted from stainless steel, and they are fully insulated, which significantly reduces the amount of noise the machine makes when it is running. This produces the quietest grind possible.
- Lifetime, In Home Service Warranty – The warranty offered by Waste King for their garbage disposals is one of the best available. It has a lifetime warranty against corrosion, and a limited mechanical warranty. What this means is that if your garbage disposal develops a mechanical or material defect (for any reason), Waste King will replace it, in your home, at no cost to you.
- Mess Free and Jam Free Feeds – Because this garbage disposal is a continuous feed model, it means that you can continually add food waste while it is running. Swivel impellers, which are made from stainless steel, are designed to reduce jamming, and a simple to remove splash guard make cleaning easy.
My Story and Experiences
You would not believe the sheer abundance of available information on the Internet when it comes to something as simple as shopping for a new garbage disposal. Considering that my partner’s version of being “handy” around the house involves taking the trash out, buying a new garbage disposal was something I was going to have to do on my own.
I was looking for something powerful and durable garbage disposals, and I finally settled on the Waste King L-8000 Legend Series 1.0 Horsepower Continuous Feed Garbage Disposal. It was more expensive than the old disposal unit I had under my sink, but I don’t mind paying more for something if I know it will provide me with plenty of service and use.
Reviewers of the Waste King L-8000 Legend food waste disposer seemed to agree with me. I was particularly impressed with its powerful motor, and the reviews said it was supposed to very easy to install. This was welcome news, because I have other things I’d rather spend my Saturday doing than hanging around under the kitchen sink. The L-8000 unit also came with a pretty good warranty, so I figured I was covered there.
When I opened the box, I found the garbage disposal unit itself, the mounting hardware, and a power cord. Having a power cord included was nice. My old InSinkErator brand didn’t come with one, and I had to buy it separately, which was annoying. The new Waste King was larger than my old food disposer. It weighed just a hair under 15 pounds and stood a little over 14 inches high. I liked how it felt in my hand though. It felt like the construction was solid.
Waste King L-8000 Installation
You know, the installation process wasn’t all that bad. It took me about an hour and a half total to successfully install the garbage disposal unit, and that was with me not knowing what the heck I was doing. All of the mounting hardware was included, so all I had to do was grab my screwdriver and hammer. The instructions were straightforward and easy to follow.
Now that the Waste King garbage disposer is installed and running, I have to say that I’m pretty impressed.
Dinner tonight included fried chicken and corn on the cob. After cautiously dumping a couple of chicken bones into the disposer and flipping the switch on, the L-8000 got the job done quickly and quietly. There was nothing left of those bones. Same thing for the corn cob that came next. So far, so good. I think it’s pretty clear that I’m going to get my money’s worth out of this garbage disposal.
- HIGH-SPEED MOTOR: The 1 HP, 2800 RPM (115v) permanent magnet motor is sound-insulated and jams less
- EASY INSTALLATION AND CLEANING: EZ Mount for a quick and easy kitchen sink installation, removable splashguard for easy...
- 20 YEAR PROTECTION: 20-year Limited
Final Thoughts on Waste King L-8000 Legend Series
The hundreds of review I read about Waste King disposers had it right. The Waste King L-8000 Legend Series 1.0 Horsepower Continuous Feed Garbage Disposal is worth every penny you pay for it.
There are so many types and brands of disposals out there, but I would definitely recommend this particular Waste King disposal to friends and family members. The Waste King Legend is a quality piece of equipment that I use every day. It’s my belief that when you buy a garbage disposal (or any other appliance), you are making an investment in your home, so why not go with the best?
Waste King L-8000 Legend Series 1.0 HP Garbage Disposal
Last update on 2020-01-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API