Waste King L-2600 Legend Series 1/2 HP Garbage Disposal Review
The Waste King brand is helmed by the Anaheim Manufacturing Company, which is one of the world’s leading domestic, international, and commercial food waste disposers. This international conglomerate is headquartered in Southern California, and all of their products are manufactured in the United States. AMC is an industry leader in new designs and concepts, and they were the first to introduce the revolutionary technology that incorporates the use of structural composite materials and high speed motor magnets.
Waste King is dedicated to providing their clients with quality products, and nowhere is this more evident than with the Waste King L-2600 Legend Series ½ HP Continuous Feed Operation Garbage Disposal (see today's price).
The best qualities of the Waste King L-2600 are its compact design, power and durability, easy installation, and efficient grinding. Also of note is its quiet operation. The stainless steel grinding components of the L-2600 are insulated, which significantly reduces the amount of noise it makes during operation. Even when it is running, you can have a conversation with someone in the next room without having to yell at one another. The power and durability of this garbage disposal is driven by its ½ HP motor. Energy efficient and fast, this ‘Vortex’ permanent magnet motor can reach an impressive maximum speed of 2,600 rotations per minute. When compared to other similar models on the market, the Waste King L-2600 offers more grinding power per pound.
Everything that the Waste King L-2600 has to offer is backed up by a 5 year limited warranty from the manufacturer, as well as a lifetime warranty against corrosion.
- 36 Inch Power Cord – Although it might seem like such a simple thing to include as a “best feature”; however, many manufacturers do not include one with their units, and it is yet another item that you have to pay for. The superior one provided by Waste King measures a generous 36 inches in length and meets all qualifications set for by the U.S. Energy Administration.
- Compact, Space Saving Design – A garbage disposal does not have to be extra-large to be extra powerful. The ergonomic, space saving design of the Waste King L-2600 minimizes the amount of space it occupies underneath your kitchen sink, which leaves you with plenty of room to store other essentials. Altogether, the garbage disposal measures 14 inches in height and 9 inches in width.
- Continuous, Mess Free Feed – The Legend 2600 is a continuous feed garbage disposal, which means that you can continue to add waste to it while it runs. Swivel impellers, which are crafted from stainless steel, prevent jamming. Because food waste is so finely ground, this significantly reduces the chances that your plumbing will develop a clog.
- 5 Year, In Home Service Warranty – Waste King is known for offering some of the industry’s best warranties, and the L-2600 is no exception. If your garbage disposal develops a mechanical or material defect within five years of the date of purchase, Waste King will replace it at no cost to you. This unit also comes with a lifetime warranty against corrosion.
- HIGH-SPEED MOTOR: The 1/2 HP, 2600 rpm permanent magnet motor jams less
- EASY INSTALLATION AND CLEANING: EZ Mount for a quick and easy kitchen sink installation, removable...
- 5 YEAR PROTECTION: 5-year Limited In-Home Warranty
- NO ELECTRICAL EXPERTISE NEEDED: Pre-installed power cord, no electrical work required
My Story and Experiences
There are a lot of good things I could tell you about the Waste King L-2600 Legend Series ½ HP Continuous Feed Operation Garbage Disposal. The motor is powerful, and Waste King must be on to something with their permanent magnet motor design, because this waste disposer runs much more smoothly and efficiently than my old one did.
The Legend 2600 arrived without any problems. By the way it was packaged, you can tell that this company puts a lot of care into the products they create. In addition to the garbage disposal itself, the mounting hardware and power cord also came in the box. I appreciated not having to purchase a separate power cord. Most companies don’t include one with their unit. With my wife’s help, it only took us about 45 minutes to install the Legend 2600, and I sure was grateful that we didn’t have to call a professional plumber to install it. That would have cost us hundreds of dollars right there. All of the necessary hardware was included.
We’ve had the Waste King garbage disposal installed for about four weeks now, and with four kids and a dog, it certainly gets a workout! However, it’s holding up like a champ. Oh, and I forgot to mention that it works well with our septic tank, which is just great. Overall, I’m really pleased with it, and I would definitely recommend it to a friend.
All of the components of the Waste King L-2600 Legend Series ½ HP Continuous Feed Operation Garbage Disposal work exactly how they are supposed to, which makes for one quiet and efficient garbage disposal. The motor is powerful and efficient. You can feel its power when you turn it on and put it tow work. Our family hasn’t run into any issues with it yet, but I know that if we do, we’re covered by Waste King’s comprehensive warranty. This is one garbage disposal you can buy with complete peace of mind.