Waste King 9930 Legend Series 1/2 HP Garbage Disposer Review
Here’s the thing about continuous feed garbage disposals: they simply make life easier. You’ll hear a lot of people argue about the pros and cons of continuous feed vs. batch feed models, but it’s our belief that your kitchen appliances should make life easier (read: less work) for you. The Waste King 9930 Legend Series ½ HP Continuous Feed Operation Garbage Disposer (see today's price) is one of the most popular and highest rated continuous feed garbage disposals on the market today – and for good reason!
The best qualities of the Waste King 9930 include its Vortex powered motor, simple installation system, and rust free, stainless steel grinding components. While the exact design of Waste King’s Vortex powered motor remain tightly under wraps, we can tell you that it certainly gets the job done with ease. Its motor’s design is something that is often imitated, but never duplicated. The installation system for the 9930 requires you to put in three bolts, mount the unit, and call it a day. You can’t ask for things to get much easier than that, and the rust free grinding components are simply a thing of beauty. Each component is crafted from premium stainless steel, which ensures its longevity, reduces the amount of wear and tear on the components, and makes it resistant to corrosion. In fact, Waste King is so confident in the product that they’ve created that they offer a lifetime warranty against corrosion on all of their garbage disposals.
- Lightweight, Compact Design – For all of the power and bells and whistles that the 9930 has to offer, its overall design is surprisingly lightweight and compact. It stands just over 14 inches tall and weighs a mere 10 pounds. This greatly reduces the amount of space it takes up underneath your sink, so you can put that space to more efficient use.
- Powerful Motor – It goes without saying, but a powerful garbage disposal must have a powerful motor, which the Waste King 9930 delivers in spades. Not only does it have a ½ HP engine, but it utilizes Waste King’s patented ‘Vortex’ motor design and motion to ensure that all of your food waste is properly ground. It has a higher starting power and lower torque speed than comparative models, and this makes it virtually stall and jam proof.
- The Warranty – A manufacturer’s warranty is a sign of how much faith they have in the produce they’ve created, and Waste King certainly delivers. The 9930 is accompanied by a 5 year warranty that guards against mechanical and material defects. It also is accompanied by a lifetime warranty against corrosion. Should either happen, Waste King will replace your garbage disposal 100% free of charge. They’ll even send trained technicians to your home to replace it for free.
- HIGH-SPEED MOTOR: The 1/2 HP, 2600 RPM (115 volts) permanent magnet motor jams less
- EASY INSTALLATION: Professional 3-Bolt Mount for a quick and easy kitchen sink installation
- 5 YEAR PROTECTION: 5-year Limited Warranty
My Experiences and Story
When it came time to replace my old Badger model garbage disposal, I chose the Waste King 9930 Legend Series ½ HP Continuous Feed Operation Garbage Disposer on the recommendation of a friend. Installation was as simple as advertised. It took me more time to remove the putty from the old Badger mount than it did to install the new one. The 9930 is lightweight enough to do a two-handed install. Its hush cushion simply snaps into place. My setup uses an outlet, so I really appreciated that the Waste King 9930 already came with its own generously sized power cord.
After tightening all of the bolts, I tested the 9930, and it worked perfectly. Aside from a brief, audible click when I turned it on, it barely made any noise at all. I had allotted one hour for the installation, but it took less than half that time. The installation guide gives first time installers more than enough information to do the job properly themselves. Ultimately, I chose to go with the Waste King 9930 because of its hundreds of positive reviews, no leak lifetime guarantee, and 5 year, in home warranty. It was easily one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. Although my old unit lasted a good few years, I expect the 9930 to last even longer.
Let’s be honest: Although priced more than fairly (in my opinion), the Waste King 9930 Legend Series ½ HP Continuous Feed Operation Garbage Disposer is not the cheapest garbage disposal you’ll find; however, with that being said, it is definitely worth spending the extra money on it. I look at purchasing a garbage disposal as making an investment in my home and family, and they certainly deserve the best. I would highly recommend this model to all of my friends and family members.
Last update on 2020-10-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API