Moen GXS75C GX Series Garbage Disposal Review
If you're looking for a garbage disposer that won't ever let you down, you'll find it in the Moen GXS75C GX Series Garbage Disposal. This quiet stainless steel electrically powered product boasts improvements in both sound dampening and in its grinding process, is compact and quiet, and very easy to install. This model has a complete metal throat assembly, which is much preferable to the plastic sleeves used by competitors and is compatible with many correctly-sized septic tanks.
Among its many good qualities, this garbage disposal is durable, a great size and weight, sturdy, easy to use, looks stylish, has a great design, and is easy to install. Decent instructions for installation are included, and the individual parts-list picture is superb. It has a lighter weight compact design, which takes up a lot less space under your sink. Its total weight is 10.25 pounds, has an overall height of 13 3/8 inches, a width of 7 1/2 inches, and is compatible with 110-120 voltage.
The Moen GXS75C GX Series Garbage Disposal (see today's price) has a Universal Xpress Mount that fits all Moen machines as well as the majority of existing three-bolt mounting assemblies. It has a manual reset button, is safe to use with all properly sized septic systems, and has a five-year limited warranty. It's fixed magnetic motor is jam-proof. This garbage disposal consistently rates in the top 10 of current online reviews.
This product has all the style, quality, and performance of other Moen products. This dependable disposal has a rapid 2,7000 RPM ultra high-speed permanent VORTEX magnet motor. It's attractive, streamlined, compact design saves needed space underneath your sink.
- Dynamic 3/4 HP VORTEX magnet motor - High speed 2,700 RPM primarily devised to reduce jamming. Professional grade grinding power tackles the toughest kitchen scraps quietly and reliably
- Stainless steel grind components and continuous feed gives more durability - The better your grind, the finer waste products will be when sent out to the sewage system
- Universal Xpress Mount in sink disposal - Fits Moen as well as most other existing three-bolt mounting assemblies (including InSinkErator)
- Power cord pre-installed - Saves on money and installation steps. Cords have to be purchased separately on other models
- SoundSHIELD uniquely designed to provide quiet sound-deadening insulation - (sounds much quieter than the videos online). Noise is reduced without sacrificing its high-quality performance
- Convenient removable rubber splash guard, drain elbow and stopper, flange, and mounting assembly - Wash and remove the splash guard to facilitate looking into your disposal to check out the grinding area. The lid to plug this disposal has an attractive chrome finish instead of many brands' black rubber finish.
- Five year Moen limited warranty which includes in-home service - The warranty is for the original purchaser and covers all finishes and parts, and guarantees that this product is free of material defects and manufacturing workmanship. All parts needing replacement during the warranty period of five years will be replaced free of charge.
- Simple installation - Only items needed for installation are some plumber's paste or putty (some people use silicone) and a wrench (usually a 1/4" Allen wrench)
- PREP SERIES: Designed for those who slice, dice and peel as part of basic meal prep, and need a little more help with...
- POWERFUL GRINDING: 2,600 RPM, ½ horsepower Vortex motor provides fast, powerful grinding of everyday food scraps and...
- SIMPLE SWAP: Fits most existing assemblies, including other brands; includes pre-installed power cord
My Story and Experiences
I grew up in a house without a garbage disposal. I guess you could call me deprived. Now that I have a Moen GXS75C Series Garbage Disposal, I revel in its ease and convenience. No longer do I need to clean off every single dish manually before washing, since any larger piece of food could clog up my oh so sensitive plumbing pipes. Nor do I have to live with an unsanitary, stinky garbage can in the kitchen insisting that I run it out to the curb daily.
There are other things I like about my garbage disposal. First, there are no inner lips that can latch on to old food, so it doesn't smell bad inside. Second, the inside strainer pops out easily for cleaning or replacing if required. Third, the chrome stopper fits well and looks and functions better than those funky black stoppers that other units have had. Fourth, I'm crazy about the rubber trap located between the disposal and the sink that keeps stray items (like dropped forks) from finding their way into places where they definitely don't fit in!
Don't worry, I'm not a crazed spinster who lives alone, yet manages to generate a daily mountain of garbage. There are 5 people in our family (7 if you count the dogs) and we're all happy with the performance of our Moen GXS75C. We also share a love for the environment. Did you know that garbage disposals are eco-friendly? They do their part to reduce all that waste that is pouring into landfills. Seriously, the Moen GXS75C GX Series Garbage Disposal is highly recommended.
Last update on 2021-06-25 at 05:40 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API