Moen GXP50C GX PRO Series 1/2 HP Garbage Disposal Review
The Moen GX Pro GXP50C 1/2 horsepower garbage disposal weighs only 7.8 pounds and measures 5.4" x 5.4" x 13.4 inches. This dependable garbage disposer attacks everyday food scraps with gusto while keeping your sink clean at the same time. It has a rapid grinding action of approximately 2,600 RPM, due to its vortex high-speed permanent magnet motor. This unit also features a Universal Xpress Mount-System which uses an easy twist-and-lock installation that fits the majority of 3-bolt mounting assemblies on the market today. Simply put the disposal in position, and twist and lock. It also features a streamlined, compact design which helps to save some space underneath the sink.
The Moen GXP50C (see today's price) saves you both time and money with its pre-installed power cord. Moen is one of the most respected names in the world of disposals, faucets, showerheads, and all other plumbing supplies. Its lightweight design is safe for all regular sizes of septic tanks. This machine comes with a drain stopper, removable splash guard, a drain elbow, sink flange, and mounting assembly, and is the recipient of many favorable reviews online.
This high-quality unit is inexpensive, energy efficient, and is built for long-lasting, superior performance. It finely grinds all food waste, and its vortex motor helps to reduce jamming. It's simple to install and comes with a three-year limited warranty (which includes a very professional home-replacement service). It is standard 115 voltage, 60 Hertz, and features an on and off wall switch, a polished stainless steel sink drain, galvanized steel grind component material, and grind chamber material of corrosion proof polymer.
This machine has a maximum sink thickness of 1/2 an inch, a dishwasher connection size of 7/8 inches, a drain connection size of 1 1/2 inches, 1/2 horsepower, and 4.5 amps. It comes with mounting assembly, drain elbow, sink flange, power cord, and splash guard.
- 1/2 hp vortex motor has dynamic grinding capabilities for all kitchen scraps - Features galvanized steel-grind component material
- Continuous feed as long as the unit is turned on
- Universal Xpress Mount in sink disposal fits Moen disposals and the majority of 3 bolt mounting assemblies in existence, including Insinkerator brands
- High speed 2600 RPM vortex disposal with a jam reducing permanent magnet motor
- Easy installation with pre-installed power cord, which saves money and steps compared to models which require separate cord purchase - Dishwasher connection size is 7/8 inches
- Compact design of garbage disposal is lighter weight, allowing for easier installation plus freeing up needed space under the sink
- Removable splash guard, polished stainless steel sink flange, and mounting assembly and drain elbow - Drain connection size is 1 1/2 inches
- Polished stainless steel drain stopper
- Special SoundShield helps to deaden sound
- Has a three-year limited warranty and includes in-home service
- Powerful disposal: 1/2 horsepower vortex) motor has powerful grinding capabilities for everyday...
- In sink disposal: universal xpress mount(tm) fits Moen and most existing 3-bolt mounting assemblies,...
- High speed: disposals with 2600 RPM vortex) permanent magnet motor designed to reduce jamming
- Easy to install: power cord preinstalled, saving installation steps and money over other models...
My Story and Experiences
When my old dependable garbage disposal (another brand name) kicked the bucket after 11 years of operation, I resigned myself to the fact that I would never find another garbage disposal that I would appreciate as much. To make a long story short, after reading many reviews online, perusing Consumer Reports, and talking to a number of friends, I decided to go with the Moen GXP50C GX PRO Series 1/2 Horsepower Garbage Disposal. I watched several YouTube videos when I got it home and was very pleased to discover that this unit was a breeze to install, fit perfectly into my old 3 bolt mounting assembly, and went immediately to work on my kitchen scraps.
The Moen fits perfectly under my kitchen island and provides me with some extra under-counter space. I have to admit that it is a bit noisier than advertised. When you first turn it on, there's a loud click, which is then followed by what I can only describe as a growl. Another negative is what I consider to be a cheap, stiff plastic splash guard which is harder to use than my softer rubber model on my previous machine. The louder noise was totally forgotten, though, as well as the splashguard's stiffness, when I saw how quickly and efficiently this machine operates! It pulverizes all types of food waste, including small animal bones.
This Moen GX PRO is reasonably priced, installed simply, has a compact, sleek form, and performs reliably at all times. I would recommend this unit to all my friends and have even convinced my employer to install this unit in both the kitchen area and staff break room. It is a slight bit noisy, but the noise is forgotten once you see how effective and fast it is in disposing of your kitchen scraps and waste material. I highly recommend the Moen GXP50C GX PRO Series Garbage Disposal.