KitchenAid KCDB250G 1/2 HP Garbage Disposal Review
If you are looking for a brand that is representative of quality and value, then KitchenAid is the brand you have been looking for. Each of KitchenAid’s high quality garbage disposals is made in the United States so that the company can exercise the highest level of quality control. The KitchenAid brand has been in business since 1919, and their reputation for quality and customer service keeps generation after generation of consumers returning to the brand.
Over the 85 years, KitchenAid has transformed into one of the world’s most popular and bestselling designers and manufacturers of food waste disposers. Although the brand is most well-known for their iconic stand mixers, savvy homeowners know how reliable their other lines of home appliances are. In a recent survey, 7 out of 10 professional plumbers stated that they would choose a KitchenAid garbage disposal for their own home, despite the prevalence of other brands, like InSinkErator and Waste King.
For the savvy homeowner who demand quality, KitchenAid produces a highly praised line of food waste disposers, and one of the shining stars of this line is the KitchenAid KCDB250G ½ HP Continuous Feed Garbage Disposal (see today's price). The best qualities of the KitchenAid KCDB250G are its durability and power, efficient grinding, attractive design, and easy installation process. It is compatible with properly sized septic tank systems and is backed by KitchenAid’s unparalleled manufacturer’s warranty.
- Quick Cleanup – The continuous feed action of this KitchenAid garbage disposal makes cleaning up after meals very simple. This reduces the amount of time you have to spend in the kitchen and increases the amount of time you can spend with your family. With a single flip of the switch, you can dump your table scraps and forget about them.
- Efficient Motor – The powerful ½ horsepower motor of the KCDB250G achieves an ideal speed of 1,725 rotations per minute. It is more than powerful enough to tackle the toughest food scraps without using too much energy. The blades and grinding chamber are crafted from premium stainless steel, which ensure the unit’s durability and makes it resistant to corrosion.
- Safety – When you have a family and/or pets in your home, safety is paramount, and this particular model has been designed with safety in mind. Just a few of the safety features it includes are a generously sized splash guard, a rubber safety cap, electrical switch operation, and a manual reset feature.
- Continuous feed allows for quick cleanup after meals
- Motor rotates at 1725 rpm for effective grinding
- Connected to an electrical switch for ease and safety
My Story and Experiences
So before I get in depth with this review, here are the basic specs for the KitchenAid KCDB250G ½ HP Continuous Feed Garbage Disposal. It weighs slightly over 14 pounds, and it stands 14.6” in height with a diameter of just over 7.5”. It doesn’t come with a power cord, because it’s designed to be hardwired to your existing electrical, but you can purchase a separate power cord for it if you would prefer to do it that way.
After ordering the KitchenAid KCDB250G Continuous Feed Garbage Disposal from the vendor, it arrived right on time. I wasn’t pleased with the packaging. It should have been shipped in an appropriate carton – not just the retail shelf box, but that isn’t KitchenAid’s fault. There wasn’t any damage to the unit.
Altogether, it took me about 2 hours to install this myself. I appreciated not having to call in a plumber. I bought the KCDB250G to replace any old InSinkErator Badger that was leaking. After a month’s use, it’s working just fine. The operation is smooth and quiet. With two babies in the house and my wife’s office right off of the kitchen, that is much appreciated. I’ll reserve my whole judgement until I see how long it lasts. With a large family, our household is going to be putting it through its paces.
My only complaint is that the installation instructions weren’t completely clear on what the attachment ring looked like, so it required a bit of fiddling to figure out how to get it released from the old model that I was replacing. Also, I did have to purchase a straight pipe to connect my under sink fittings with this one since it came with a pipe bent at 90 degrees. Mildly annoying, but not a deal breaker.
All of the components of the KitchenAid KCDB250G Garbage Disposal, so far, work exactly like they are supposed to, which provide for one efficient and quiet garbage disposal. The motor is efficient and powerful. You can feel its power when you flip the switch and put it to work.
There are a lot of mixed reviews about the KitchenAid KCDB250G, but I feel it is something that I would recommend to a friend or family member.
KitchenAid KCDB250G 1/2 HP Garbage Disposal
Last update on 2019-12-11 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API