Kitchen Organization & Storage Hacks
Outfitting a kitchen is something we all do. We need more pots and pans, more gadgets to make life easier, more items taking up counter space and eventually, storage becomes an issue.
It doesn’t matter if you have a small kitchen or a large cafeteria-sized kitchen. Eventually, organization and storage will become an issue. That is why we developed this list of kitchen hacks for organization and storage.
How We Came Up with the List
We know how tough it can be when you are trying to prepare a meal and you can’t find the right pan, or you are out of counter space to roll out your dough. We scoured the internet to find the perfect kitchen hacks to provide you with this list.
Here you will find various methods and kitchen hacks to aid in storage and organization so that you can make the most out of your kitchen space.
Mason Jar Caddie
Mason jars are not only useful for making jams and jellies, but the jars themselves are highly decorative and fit with a lot of design themes. From rustic to farmhouse, you can re-purpose mason jars for a quick storage hack to save space and add decoration at the same time.
You will need a mounting board, which can also be re-purposed from a pallet or a spare piece of lumber. You will need mounting screws and adjustable clamps that can be purchased from any automotive shop. You will also need, of course, mason jars.
The idea is to mount the clamps to the board and then adjust the clamps around the neck of the mason jars. This will hold the jars in place and provide you with a storage solution for utensils, cutlery, or anything else you need access to without having to take up valuable drawer space.
- Jar with Lid and Band, Regular Mouth, 12 Jars
- Series 300 stainless steel band helps provide resistance to corrosion in marine environments
- Stainless steel screw resists corrosion
- Miniature size for small hoses installed in confined spaces
- Sawtooth frame hangers double hole with nails
- Picture frame hanging hangers material: metal
- Length of each hanger: 45 mm, width: 8 mm, height: 4 mm
Floating Tin Cans
Tin cans can also be re-purposed and are cheaper and easier to come by than mason jars. The idea here is the same as the Mason Jar Caddie, except with tin cans.
Instead of screws and clamps, you just need the mounting board, the tin cans and a few nails. After carefully filing the edges of the cans (to prevent cuts or damage) you simply nail the cans to the board (which you should have decorated or painted to add a little charm to your kitchen.) and hang the board where it can be easily accessed.
- - MULTI PURPOSE NAILS: Complete all your woodworking projects at home or at work quickly, efficiently and produce...
- - CONVENIENT PACKAGING: The nail set includes a very handy kit that allows you to separate them by size, making your job...
- - VARIETY OF SIZES: The nail set includes nails of many sizes to suit all your woodworking projects and to make your job...
- VALUE ASSORTMENT: Tackle any small hanging or repair job in your home, office, or workplace with Qualihome’s Household...
- 360 PIECE SET: This repair and hanger kit includes cup hooks, 10 lb. and 20 lb. picture hangers, push pins, thumb tacks,...
- INDOOR USE: Keeps things tidy and organized in cabinets or on walls. Hang cups, posters, artwork, or keys. Organize your...
Under Cabinet Bins
When counter space is an issue, you can remove some clutter and open up countertops by purchasing (or making) under cabinet bins. You can find them for sale in various materials such as wood, plastic or even metal.
Once you have acquired the bin, you simply mount it to the underside of your cabinets. Here you can store anything from non-perishable food items like oranges or bananas to daily use items you want to keep within easy reach.
- Wall mounted / counter-top storage basket with woven chicken wire and a rustic brown finish
- 3 compartments for storing fruits, vegetables, and any other household items, plus a sturdy top shelf that can be used...
- Features erasable chalkboard labels on the front of each compartment
- Rustic 3-Tier Rack: A wall-mounted storage rack made of rustic-style metal wire with a dark brown finish
- Wall Mounted Space Saver: Mounts easily to wall to instantly add organization and storage capacity in the kitchen,...
- Multipurpose Storage: Versatile enough for fruits and produce, towels and linens, to mail and magazines
Inside Cabinet Storage
There is no reason just to use the outside, or underneath the cabinets for extra storage, you have a whole lot of room inside, as well. We don’t just mean the shelves, either. You can add magnetic boards to the inside of the doors and then attach small baby food jars with small items you want to keep within easy reach.
If you don’t want to go the magnetic route, you can mount the jar lids to a wooden board and screw the jars in once it is hung. You don’t have to stop with baby food jars, either. You can use mug hooks, nails, or even corkboard strips to attach, hang or use many items including measuring cups, ladles and other larger utensils.
- Easy installation by hand
- Secure mugs, feeders, kitchen towels, etc.
- 18 per package
- 4 thick cork strip bulletin bars
- Made of natural composition cork
- One of the thickest cork strips on the market
Magnetic Spice Rack
The use of magnets in the kitchen isn’t a new idea, but have you thought of putting them inside your refrigerator instead of just on the outside?
You can get a magnetic strip that will not only mount to the inside of your refrigerator but will also hold baby food jars or small mason jars by the lids, which you can then add your spices to.
Using this method will free up cabinet space and keep your spices organized, easy to reach and in a cool, dry location that will prolong the life of your spices.
- Premium Quality Magnetic Knife Strip - Our magnetic knife holder for wall is made from top quality stainless steel and...
- Durable Magnetic Knife Holder with Strong Magnetism - Ouddy Magnetic knife block is used to hold securely your knifes....
- Easy to Install Knife Magnet- This magnetic knife bar comes with mounting hardware and easy to follow illustrated...
- 635g Stronger Anisotropic Magnet – 2mm thickness, 635g weight and Anisotropic (not isotropic) Magnet Tape add stronger...
- PREMIUM Imported 300LSE ADHESIVES - Adhesives are made for sticking quickly & Strong and firmly, and lasts for a long...
- Cut table and Flat – Magnet roll can cut in different sizes for square, strip, tape for different needs for laminated...
Magazine Rack Cabinet Storage
Those under-sink cabinet doors are just to knock your knees against while doing the dishes. You can add magazine racks to the insides as well.
You will need magazine racks, of course, which can be picked up at any office supply store or general retailer. The plastic ones are inexpensive and usually come in a multi-pack.
Using adhesive strips, you can mount the racks inside the cabinets and hold most of your under sink items such as trash bag rolls, sandwich baggies, tin foils, etc.
This will free up more space under the sink for your cleaners or tools as well as the drawers where those items would normally be shoved.
- ORGANIZATION MADE EASY: Clean up the clutter on your desk, shelf, countertop or workspace at home or in the office with...
- PORTABLE: These office desk storage compartments feature an easy-to-grab handle; It is simple to pull these off your...
- FUNCTIONAL & VERSATILE: Organizing has never been easier, our convenient, slim design file folder holders are sized...
- PRODUCT DIMENSIONS- Wall Mount Clear 4" x 9" Trifold Brochure Holder. Dimensions 4 3/8" Wide, 7 1/4" Tall, 1 1/2" Deep.
- FEATURES- This clear acrylic Trifold brochure holder features 2 drill holes for easy mounting.
- MULTIPURPOSE- Can be used again and again for all sorts of different pamphlets, leaflets, brochures for all different...
DIY Rolling Storage
Finding space is always a problem, but what if you could turn space you didn’t even think about into storage and organization? With this kitchen hack, you need to be crafty, but there are step by step instructions.
The rolling cabinet is designed to fit alongside your refrigerator, but can also be adjusted to fit anywhere there is that extra bit of space; alongside the stove, between cabinets, etc.
You will need a lot of materials and a lot of time. However, if you have the tools, this DIY tutorial will show you exactly what you need to do to accomplish this space-saving, ingenious idea for rolling storage.
- Our heavy duty casters are crafted with quality materials and meet a wide range of consumer needs.
- Safe on Carpet, Concrete, Tile, & Wood Surfaces
- For Use On: Desks, TV Stands, Carts, Bed Frames, Dressers, Chairs, Tables, Stools, Toolboxes & More
- Cordless drill with Lithium Ion Battery that is always ready and holds a charge up to 18 months
- The 24 position clutch of this power drill prevents stripping and overdriving screws by providing extra level of control
- Drill/driver with soft grip handle provides added comfort during use
Last update on 2021-09-21 at 09:28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API