InSinkErator Evolution Septic Assist Garbage Disposer Review
If you have a home with a septic tank, then it can be frustrating to not be able to do certain things that other households that use traditional waste systems can. While septic systems are environmentally friendly, they do require a fair amount of maintenance and thought. Have you ever forgotten to add enzymes to your septic tank? Do you ever worry about clogging your sewage pipes with the amount of food waste that goes down your drain?
Enter the InSinkErator Evolution Septic Assist ¾ HP Household Garbage Disposer (see today's price).
Just because your home is hooked into a septic system instead of city sewage, it does not mean that you cannot enjoy the convenience that a garbage disposal has to offer. This model is designed specifically for people whose homes have septic tanks. Like a traditional garbage disposal unit, it grinds food waste into fine particles before sending it down the main drain; however, each time it flushes food waste into the septic tank, it also injects a special septic chemical into the pipes that is designed to protect your home’s septic system.
This is just one of many reasons why this InSinkErator model is so highly rated among professionals and consumers. Read on to find out more about all that it has to offer!
Best Features of the InSinkErator Septic Assist:
- SoundSeal Technology – InSinkErator’s patented SoundSeal technology delivers a quieter performance when compared to traditional garbage disposers –every time.
- MultiGrind Technology – The motor of the Evolution Septic Assist is accompanied by two separate grinding chambers that can grind almost any type of food waste into virtual dust. One Bio Charge cartridge is included with this model.
- Stainless Steel Grinding Chamber – Not only is the grinding chamber crafted from stainless steel to ensure its longevity, but with a 40 oz. capacity, it is generously sized.
- Dura Drive Induction Motor – This induction motor is equipped with InSinkErator’s patented Dura Drive technology with ¾ HP to give it an extra boost of power.
- Warranty – With an unsurpassed, 4-year limited warranty, it is one of the best, if not the best, investments on the market today.
- SoundSeal Technology which delivers quieter performance versus a standard septic tank garbage...
- MultiGrind Technology , with two-stage grind to quickly grind virtually any food waste; Includes one...
- 40 oz. Stainless steel grind chamber and grind components for longevity
- 3/4 Horsepower Dura-Drive Induction Motor; power cord not included
My Story and Experiences
When I was thinking about what to write for this review, I decided that there were two specific things I really wanted to touch on with the InSinkErator Evolution Septic Assist ¾ HP Household Garbage Disposer: its noise issue and its grinding power.
When it comes to the noise issue, the simplest way of explaining it is that there isn’t one! In fact, there are a few reviews on Amazon where users have said that this model runs so quietly that they have forgotten it was even on, and I can certainly see why that would happen. But it’s a great problem to have! In our house, we have seven month old twins. They can be napping in the next room while my wife or I are cleaning the kitchen, and the Evolution Septic Assist won’t wake them up. Neither will you have to speak over it when you’re having a conversation in the same room.
The whisper quiet operation is made possible because tail pipe and sink mount feature an antivibration design. The motor is well-insulated, and to top it all off, they’ve included a sink baffle. To me, this is just an amazing feat of engineering.
With regards to the InSinkErator Evolution Septic Assist ¾ HP Household Garbage Disposer’s ability to grind food waste, this model gets the job done, plus more. It has a two stage grinding chamber. This reduces your food waste to barely more than liquid. Not only does it reduce your chances of developing a clog in your drains, but it also makes it safer to pass the food waste into your septic system. If you’re curious (or technically minded), the liquification is accomplished by the unit’s GrindShear ring and Tri-Action lug system working in tandem with one another.
What makes this model particularly septic tank friendly is its Bio-Charge enzyme treatments. One cartridge is include in your purchase of the Evolution Septic Assist, and additional ones can be purchased through InSinkErator’s website. Every time the garbage disposal is turned on, literally millions of helpful microorganisms and enzymes are put into your septic tank. These help to further break down the food waste you dispose of. Its citrus scent smells pretty good too.
In my humble opinion, it’s slightly annoying that the cartridges can only be purchased through InSinkErator because it means you can’t comparison shop for the best price, and the cartridge holder attached to the garbage disposal does make it a bit bulky, so you’ll need to make sure that there is enough room underneath your sink to accommodate it. Again, these are just nitpicky complaints for all that this model has to offer.
One final thing that should be noted is that the InSinkErator Evolution Septic Assist ¾ HP Household Garbage Disposer doesn’t come with an included power cord, so this is something you’ll need to buy separately. The warranty, although lengthy, is also limited, but bear in mind that it is “in home”. On the off chance that something does go wrong, InSinkErator will send a trained technician to your house to repair or replace it. This saves a considerable amount of money in plumber’s fees.
Overall, I’m thrilled to have found a garbage disposal that is specifically designed to be compatible with my home’s septic tank. As far as I’m aware, the Evolution Septic Assist is the first of its kind. The American based InSinkErator brand has been making trusted appliances for over 80 years, and I’m happy to count myself among one of their fans.