InSinkErator Evolution Essential 3/4 HP Garbage Disposer Review
The InSinkErator brand has been in business for more than 75 years, and their reputation for quality has never wavered. Each garbage disposal that they produce is made in the United States. By keeping their operations in the U.S., InSinkErator is able to exercise the highest quality control standards when it comes to their products.
The Evolution Essential (see today's price) is a prime example of what InSinkErator garbage disposals have to offer. The best qualities of this particular model are its durability and power, quiet operation, simple installation, and, of course, efficient grinding.
Crafted with InSinkErator’s patented SoundSeal technology, the Evolution Essential is astonishingly quiet while operating. While it is running, two people in the same room can hold a conversation without having to yell at one another. The unit’s ¾ horsepower motor would be strong enough by itself, but when equipped with InSinkErator’s DuraDrive technology, it becomes a force to be reckoned with. The stainless steel body and frame are attractive and reinforce the unit’s durability.
What is the best part of the InSinkErator Evolution Essential? In my opinion, it is the garbage disposal’s unique MultiGrind technology. It is a two stage grinding process that you won’t find on any other comparable models on today’s market. Moreover, the whole package is backed up by InSinkErator’s 6 year, in home warranty, which affords you protection and peace of mind.
Best Features of the InSinkErator Evolution Essential Garbage Disposal:
- SoundSeal Technology – When compared to similar models on the market, the SoundSeal technology makes the Evolution Essential 42% quieter than its competitors without compromising on performance.
- QuickLock Technology – InSinkErator’s Quick Lock technology makes installing the unit a breeze. It’s simply a matter of removing the old unit from underneath your sink and twisting the new one in. Even the most inexperienced novice can install it without having to call in a professional plumber. That alone can save you a considerable amount of money in fees.
- The Warranty – The Evolution Essential is backed by InSinkErator’s 6 year, in home warranty. On the slim chance that your unit should develop a mechanical or materials defect, InSinkErator will send trained technicians to your home to replace it – free of charge. It really is that simple.
- Stainless Steel Components – The Evolution Essential’s grinding components and grinding chamber all are crafted from premium stainless steel. Stainless steel is more expensive than galvanized steel (which is what most companies use today); however, it is more durable and is resistant to corrosion. When you buy an InSinkErator, you should expect nothing less than the best.
- SoundSeal Technology which delivers quieter performance versus a standard disposer
- MultiGrind Technology , with two-stage grind to quickly grind virtually any food waste
- 40 oz. Stainless steel grind chamber and grind components for longevity
My Story and Experiences
Every apartment or house that I’ve ever lived in has had a cheap garbage disposal that couldn’t grind diddly squat, so when I bought my first home, the garbage disposal was the first thing I replaced. My diet includes a lot of vegetables and fruits, so I tend to use my disposer to grind up a lot of organic matter. It’s an appliance that I use on a daily basis. My home came with an old WasteKing already installed under the sink, and I couldn’t stand it. It would even grind lemon or lime peels without a fight. It was so noisy and loud, and vibrated so much, that it sounded like I had 747 taking off in my kitchen. No joke: the cats would run and hide every time I turned it on.
So I started researching different models on the Internet. I stumbled upon the InSinkErator Evolution Essential Garbage Disposer on Amazon, and I decided to give it a shot. Initially, what really appealed to me about it was it's QuickMount installation system. As a single female who has never done any plumbing work before, I wanted something that would be as simple as possible to install. True to their word, installation of the InSinkErator was a breeze. By myself, it took me about an hour to install. The unit is heavy, and it was a little bit of a struggle to find a way to brace myself under the sink while I lifted it into position, but I did manage it. Fortunately, I didn’t have to re-cut any pipe, and most importantly, I didn’t have to call in a professional plumber.
When I first gave the Evolution Essential a test run, I thought it hadn’t even turned on. I couldn’t believe it worked so quietly! No more jumbo jet in the kitchen, and I don’t have to go fish the cats out from under the couch every time I need to clean my kitchen. It works quickly and efficiently, and I couldn’t be more pleased.
Although it’s not a con, there is one thing that I haven’t seen addressed in any other reviews before. The body of the Evolution Essential is wider than other garbage disposal models that I looked at. Because of that, it limits the amount of storage space I have available underneath my sink. I can’t store my trashcan under there anymore, but that’s a small tradeoff for me. Overall, I’m very satisfied with my purchase.
My Conclusion and Thoughts
All of the components and various technologies advertised for the InSinkErator Evolution Essential Garbage Disposer work exactly like they are supposed to, and I would definitely recommend this model to a friend or family member. There are hundreds of positive professional and personal reviews online for the Evolution Essential, and I think that they are all well-deserved. On the slim chance that something should go wrong with my investment, I know I have InSinkErator’s incredible warranty to back me up.
Last update on 2021-09-21 at 09:58 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API