General Electric GFC525V 1/2 HP Food Waste Disposer Review
The General Electric GFC525V ½ Horsepower Continuous Feed Garbage Disposal is produced by General Electric, one of the most trusted names in home appliances. It boasts a high RPM and even greater torque, which grinds food waste more quickly and into smaller particles. With the advanced features and technology it features, the GE GFC525V (see today's price) is less likely to jam when compared to its competitors and offers a longer lifespan. This reduces the amount of time you have to spend maintaining the unit and enables you to get the job done quickly and move on.
With this GE garbage disposal, there is no need to spend thousands of dollars to have a professional plumber install it. It comes with GE’s patented EZ Mount system, which makes installation a breeze for even the most novice homeowners. The installation process requires fewer steps and parts than GE’s competitors, and GE’s patented Drain Boost technology assists in keeping your home’s plumbing free and clear of food waste by ensuring that your water runs in the correct direction.
- ½ HP Permanent Magnet Motor – For its size, the GE GFC525V offers one of the most powerful motors on the market today. It is capable of reaching 2,800 rotations per minute, which is higher than any other similar competitor’s model. The high number of RPMs enables the garbage disposal to grind your food into finer particles, which significantly reduces the chances that a clog will develop in your home’s plumbing.
- EZ Mount Installation System – Not only is everything you need to install the GFC525V included in the EZ Mount system, but it also includes a rubber stopper and splashguard. These safety features reduce the chance that an object will be accidentally dropped down the drain or that small hands can reach into it.
- Drain Boost Technology – General Electric’s Drain Boost technology is exclusive only to their garbage disposals. You won’t find it anywhere else. When water forcefully flows in the right direction, it protects the life of your garbage disposal and your home’s plumbing.
- Heavy duty 1/2 horsepower permanent magnet motor, with over 2800 RPM grinding action (based on RPM testing of cleared GE...
- EZ Mount installation with removable splash guard and stopper included
- Large capacity with galvanized steel turntable
My Story and Experiences
Being both a mechanical engineer and a homeowner, I have this habit of taking almost every appliance in my home apart to inspect its quality and to learn more about its design. It drives my wife absolutely crazy, and it’s not a practice I would recommend for anyone else since dismantling home appliances generally voids their warranties. However, when my new General Electric GFC525V ½ Horsepower Continuous Feed Garbage Disposal arrived, I simply couldn’t resist. Let me tell you something: the engineering and craftsmanship that went into the making of this garbage disposal is a work of art.
The disposal has angled stainless steel fins that pump ground food and water through your pipes at a much higher rate of speed than a traditional garbage disposal. This dual action keeps your home’s plumbing free of clogs and prevents food particles from depositing and accumulating. That’s impressive enough, but what really got me was the unit’s sound reduction technology. It includes a fully insulated sound shell, which ensures that the GFC525V operates quietly. Even when the disposal is running, my wife and I can have a conversation in the kitchen without having to yell at each other.
There’s another element of General Electric’s garbage disposals that I particularly like. In America, we dispose of about 25% of the amount of food that we prepare each year. When all of this food accumulates in landfills and begins to decompose, it releases methane gasses that are 21x more toxic than carbon dioxide. By reducing the amount of food waste that is carted to the landfill each year, we are helping the environment. (Off topic, I know, but General Electric is a big supporter of environmental sustainability.)
When you buy the General Electric GFC525V ½ Horsepower Continuous Feed Garbage Disposal, you are not only making an investment in your home, but in the environment as well. The GFC525V has been installed in my home for about a month now, and I have yet to experience any problems from it. It is a product that I would highly recommend to my friends and family members, and I expect that my wife and I will enjoy many years of reliable use from it.
General Electric GFC525V 1/2 HP Food Waste Disposer
Last update on 2020-04-09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API